An Educational Adventure
We embed a love of learning and independent lifelong skills so that together; parents, pupils and staff can give children the power to understand and impact upon the world they live in and the world of the future.
Our Vision and Values
Our vision is to provide an education that enables our pupils to value themselves and others, be highly motivated and have the resilience to take on any challenge. We want all of our pupils to gain the attributes and skills which support them to become a positive member of their community and prepare them for their future in a modern world.
Our vision is realised through clear aims and underpinned by strong trust values.
Loyalty by Focusing on Family
Tenacity by Insisting on Excellence
Kindness by Doing Good as we Go
Courage by Embracing Innovation
Brilliance by Seizing Success
We are committed to:
- Providing a broad, rich and purposeful curriculum that enables pupils to discover and make the best of their strengths, talents and abilities.
- Promoting independent thought and learning
- Providing pastoral care that nurtures emotional security, confidence and well-being
- Engendering respect for individuality, difference, and the importance of teamwork
- Equality of attainment for all
A Part of Victoria Academies Trust
Victoria Academies Trust officially launched on 1st January 2014 although its evolution began several years beforehand. The lead sponsor school had had a turbulent history, transforming itself from being one of the worst schools in the country to one of the best. In April 2012, the school became the first converter academy in the local authority. Therefore it was only a matter of time before it became a multi academy trust. Poppyfield joined the Trust in 2018.